At the moment the school day has been adapted to allow the children to have staggered start and finish times - this is to avoid the different class bubbles being in direct contact to minimise any potential infection.
The children also have staggered play times and lunchtimes. Ash, Pine, Hawthorn and Birch have their lunchtimes between 11.50am and 12.40pm. Oak, Rowan and Willow have their lunchtimes between 12.40pm and 1.30pm.
Assemblies are currently held virtually and the assembly is shared across the school on the class whiteboard.
The document below has the start and finish times for all of the children in school.
This is a temporary arrangement and we are looking forward to be able to open Breakfast Club again soon and return to a typical school day.
What happens during a typical school day at Woodcote?
- 7.45am – The breakfast club opens its doors to welcome children with a healthy breakfast. There are lots of activities for the children to enjoy.
- 8.40am – Mr Brown opens the gates and the children can go straight into their class. Children who are attending the breakfast club can go to their classrooms. The teacher will have morning activities for the children to complete.
- 8.50am – The register is taken.
- 9.00am – The children all meet together in the hall for a whole school assembly on a Monday. On a Friday it is a class assembly, where the children are able to share their learning and parents and carers are invited to attend. Friday’s assembly begins at 2.30pm and parents or carers are welcome to visit their child’s classroom once the assembly has finished.
- 10.30am – Ash, Hawthorn and Pine classes have their playtime.
- 10.45am – Playtime finishes for the younger children and the rest of the children go out to play.
- 11.00am – The older children finish their playtime.
- 12.00pm – Ash, Hawthorn and Pine classes begin their lunchtime
- 12.15pm – Oak, Sycamore, Birch, Rowan and Willow classes begin their lunchtime.
During lunchtime the children have an opportunity to go onto the field if it is dry. They can also play sports on the MUGA if it is their turn. The children have play equipment to play with and there is a nurture group for those who need a little extra support.
- 1.00pm – Lunchtime finishes for the younger children.
- 1.15pm – Lunchtime finishes for the older children.
- 2:40pm – Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday assemblies.
- 3.15pm – The children finish for the day.
We usually have a range of clubs taking place before and after school, a form is sent out at the beginning of each term to let parents know what clubs are on offer. During lunchtimes, the older children enjoy being playcoaches and leaders, and offer a range of sporting activities to the children - such as football and dodgeball.