Vision and Aims
At Woodcote Primary School, we rise to the challenge and aspire to be the best that we can be.
Everyone has skills and talents that deserve to be celebrated;
Everyone has the opportunity to shine;
Everyone has areas that could be developed further;
Everyone has the right to learn and the responsibility to try their best;
Everyone is an individual and deserves to be treated with respect.
It’s our responsibility to help you along the journey of development and discovery.
This year our key focus is to continue to have higher expectations and aspirations for all children.
We want our children to be positive and aim high – believing and achieving!
Other focused areas will feed into this, for example:
- Having continuity and a consistent approach across the school – all staff, children and families are clear about our expectations and what we want to achieve
- Giving all children the opportunity to deepen their knowledge and understanding through vocabulary at a higher level, so that everyone can achieve their potential
- Giving more opportunities to access the curriculum through outdoor, creative and active learning
- Reviewing how we teach the curriculum so that it has the greatest impact on the children’s learning
- Developing our whole school approach to mental health and well-being
We will also be continuing to work closely with parents and carers; encouraging parents to come in to share their own skills and celebrate achievements.