Pupil Premium Grant
As you may be aware, the Government give additional funding to schools for looked after children, children with parents who are in the Armed Forces and children who are in receipt of free school meals or have been in previous years. We ensure that the money is spent wisely to ensure that the children benefit directly from the extra funding. In the past year the money has been spent on the following:
- Subsidising swimming lessons, residential visits, visits and visitors to enhance the curriculum
- Providing music tuition to whole year groups and individual children
- Providing additional Teaching Assistants to give extra support where needed
- Providing places at the breakfast club
- Employing an Emotional Literacy Support Assistant (ELSA) who is able to run a Nurture group, offering support to children when they need it most
- Providing Forest School sessions for the whole school
- Providing 1:1 tuition
- Providing additional training for teachers and assistants to enable them to support children with specific needs, i.e. Attachment Disorder
Without this additional funding, many of the opportunities that all children have benefited from, would not have been able to happen. These opportunities develop and foster the children’s love of learning; impacting on their attainment and progress in all areas of the curriculum.
This is our current Pupil Premium Strategy which includes the recovery form 2021-2022. Our strategy outlines our plan from 2021-2024. The evaluation review of this document will take place at the beginning of each academic year and the document will be updated annually.