Pupil Premium Grant
As you may be aware, the Government give funding to schools for looked after children, children with parents who are in the Armed Forces and children who are in receipt of free school meals or have been in previous years. We ensure that the money is spent wisely to ensure that the children benefit directly from the extra funding. In the past year the money has been spent on the following:
- Subsidising swimming lessons, residential visits, visits and visitors to enhance the curriculum
- Providing music tuition to whole year groups and individual children
- Providing additional Teaching Assistants to give extra support where needed
- Providing places at the breakfast club
- Providing an additional Lunchtime Supervisor who is able to run a Nurture group, offering support to children when they need it most
- Providing 1:1 tuition
- Providing additional training for teachers and assistants to enable them to support children with specific needs, i.e. Attachment Disorder
Without this additional funding, many of the opportunities that all children have benefited from, would not have been able to happen. These opportunities develop and foster the children’s love of learning; impacting on their attainment and progress in all areas of the curriculum.
This is how we spent our Pupil Premium allocation in 2018-2019 and the impact this had on the children’s progress.
This is our updated plan on how the funding is being spent this year.